Tuesday, December 2, 2003

Nearly five minutes ago we just got a call from my grandparents saying that a good friend of mine has passed away.

Joseph Jurewic was killed at Basic Training during a night course. They attempted to resuscitate him but were unable to. He died around 10:30 on 12/1/03.

Joe Jurewic attended our high school and graduated with the class of 2003. He joined the Army with the hopes of straightening out his life and he found that the military truly made him happy. Joe had his rough spots about him like all people, but he truly was a good person. He gave me rides home when I missed the bus, visited my grandparents like they were his own, treated both of my cousins great- especially Cody, and took time out to say hello to me in the halls.

I keep seeing his face.

All his family and friends will miss him. 

† The Lords Prayer †
Our Father which art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done in earth,
as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
as we forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil:
For thine is the kingdom,
and the power, and the glory, for ever.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment